Winter Driving—It's That Time of the Year Again
A Few Things to Remember.
We may not deal with a lot of winter weather and snow in Phoenix AZ, but other parts of the state do have to manage snowy weather every winter. Flagstaff is only a couple of hours away and they recently had a big snow. This is good information to help you be prepared for weather that we do have experience often.
- Make sure to have your warm clothes on and carry extra clothing with you too.
- Flagstaff drivers- Carry snow/ice scrapers and a small bag of course sand, in case it is needed.
- Be careful and take your time when entering and exiting the vehicles.
- Make sure to check the weather conditions before you head out on your routes so you can properly prepare.
- Keep windshield/windows and mirrors clean.
- Keep headlights clean and keep them on when needed.
- Carry extra wiper fluids.
- Make sure to check your vehicle thoroughly before driving.
- Make sure wipers are working properly.
- SLOW DOWN!
- Avoid sudden stops and braking. Drive as smoothly and slowly as possible.
- Be vigilant.
- Keep your distance from the vehicles ahead, more so than usual.
- Park in safe spots where your vehicle is visible for other drivers.
- Communicate any conditions or delays to Dispatch as soon as possible.
Safety comes first! Let's make this a safe year.
« back to blog